Tuesday, July 8, 2008

God's Work on My Behalf

A day later then promised, let's reflect on how Milton Vincent understands 'God's work on our behalf'.

"However, what I could not do, God did and in doing it, He did it all, sending His own Son into the world to die on the cross for my sins, thereby showing me unfathomable love. God loved me so much that He was willing to suffer the loss of His Son, and even more amazingly, He was willing to allow His Son to suffer the loss of Him at the cross. Jesus loved me so much that He was willing to lay down His life for me. no one could ever love me more or better than Jesus. On the third day after Jesus' death, God raised Him from the dead, thereby announcing that His death was completely sufficient to atone for every sin that I have or will commit throughout my lifetime. God then exalted Christ to His own right hand, where Christ now reigns from on high, granting salvation and forgiveness to all who call on Him by faith."

This is so well put. Praise God for the understanding and giftedness of this man to put these thoughts on paper.

Brothers Milton is gifted but you should understand, these thoughts are all formed by God's Word. Again, let me provide you with verses that support and endorse all of the conclusions that Mr. Vincent has reached.

Romans 5:6; Romans 8:3; 1Peter 3:18; Romans 5:7&8; John 3:16; Romans 8:32; Mark 15:34; John 15:13; Acts 13:30, 38&39; Ephesians 1:20&21; Acts 5:31.

Reflecting on the work that God has done for me causes me to sigh. I'm free! I'm free in Christ. Not because of myself, but because of what He has done!

What a wonderful Savior!

No comments: