Thursday, August 13, 2009

Children Learning About Biblical Manhood and Womanhood

Courtney Reissig has written a very thoughtful article on Children's Ministry. 'The Training Ground for Biblical Manhood and Womanhood'! You can read the article in its entirety by clicking on the title.

As I read this article and continue to reflect on it, I must confess I wonder how committed we really are to living out Biblical Manhood and Womanhood as well as instructing our children about Biblical Manhood and Womanhood.

So let me ask you: How do you view this topic? Archaic, relevant, something to be applied or debated and studied - what are your thoughts?

I truly believe that our sons and daughters need to know that God made man and woman equal in value but different in their roles. This is not something to be ashamed of, but celebrated. It is not to be seen that men are superior and women are inferior: however, I think that a correct teaching of Biblical Manhood and Womanhood ought to begin at an early age...

Have a read of the article and let me know your thoughts...

No comments: