Saturday, May 24, 2008

Celebrating with your Children

Today I was so humbled & tickled with my children. One of the reasons for my lack of blogging in the past few days is because we have been really busy as a family. We have had a guest staying with us from USA. What a privilege this has been for us, I might add.

Well today as I was watching my kids outside, I was discussing with my wife how wonderfully blessed we are. I was reminding myself and Meg how wonderfully well behaved the kids were while our guest was with us. I was then reminded of the many times, not just when a guest is with us that our kids do the right thing - but it goes unnoticed, unappreciated, without complement & overlooked. Oh, but if they mess up! I have the tendency to be all over them.

As I was telling this to Meg, I thought, I must call them in to thank them and tell them how proud I am of them.

My wife as well thanked them and told them that we should do something to celebrate their obedience and godliness. So we sent them off to come up with three suggestions on how mum and dad could bless them... here is what they came back with...


1) Caleb - Kids are boss for the day (within reason)
2) Abby - Family picnic
3) Noah - Sleepover with cousins
4) Beth - McDonald's
5) Bella - Boys go pick out video & we make popcorn

Then together they all asked that: Mum has another baby!
After giggling and shock - Meg and I are planning on how to show our appreciation to these gift's that God has entrusted us with...

I hope you will take the time to shower your praise on your wife and children when you see them growing in Godliness! Truly this is worth celebrating!

pictures found here

No comments: