Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Pressure of Deadlines

I am not sure what your schedule is like but mine is crazy and hectic at the moment. I have alot of things that need to be handed in and alot of things that need to be prepared.

How do you get when pressure is on? Do you listen to yourself or preach to yourself? Do you try to do it all in your own strength? Do you become short with your wife? Do you grouch at the children?

Yesterday I was feeling like it was all going to blow up in my face. I was thinking I was never going to get it all done.

This is what I did. I went upstairs and closed my office door and laid my head on my desk and said, "Lord, I am going to fumble this soon. But I know you brought order out of chaos when you calmed the storm, when you ordered the world into existence. Please Lord bring order to my thinking. I then lifted my head off the desk and read Philippians 3: 1-21 and was humbled and grateful for the reminder...

Can I encourage you today. When you are overwhelmed by what needs to "get" done. Remember as CJ Mahaney says, "only God has ever got His "to do" list done. I like this because it puts my thinking in perspective. It is all about Him!!! I am here to make much of Him!!! Even under pressure, my wife and children will recall their dad either being a Godly dad or ... a jerk?

Press on toward the Goal....

No comments: