Monday, June 9, 2008

Meg's Miscellaneous Monday Mentions

Well, it's been quite a few weeks since I added anything to the blog... life has been busier than usual around here and Monday's have been a little crazy. As is often the case, I have not always responded well to the extra busyness that encrouches upon me at times!

Yes, the sinner within rears it's ugly head and complaints start to bubble up from my heart and often make it to my mouth... I will start to whine about how tired I am, or how stressed I feel etc etc etc, to the detriment of those around me. I forget the many blessings the Lord has given me, I forget that I am called to serve my family and others joyfully, and I definitely forget to do all things as if doing them unto the Lord!

Here is a great post from Covenant Fellowship Church that is all about the very things I have just mentioned, and how to combat those feelings that can threaten to rob us of our joy in the midst of busy and exhausting schedules. Cindy Campbell is writing from the perspective of a mother, but of course these principles can equally be applied to both men and women, no matter your vocation or stage of life.

I pray you will be encouraged to go about the rest of your week with joy and gratitude instead of joyless grumbling!

No comments: