Friday, July 10, 2009

Love That Lasts, When Marriage Meets Grace

Have you heard of this book? Love That Lasts, When Marriage Meets Grace! (click on the title and you can purchase your own copy) Now I have been reading the preface of this book that I once read and am going to be rereading, because I want to refresh myself with the truths that are provided in this book!

Anyway, as I read the following statement I was freshly encouraged by this explanation for the remake of this book.

"Anyone familiar with the original book will notice the changes, beginning with the cover. Both books share the same title, but the original subtitle, "Making a Magnificent Marriage," while certainly a worthwhile goal, seemed to put the emphasis on human effort, for human ends. The new subtitle, "When Marriage Meets Grace," reminds us that it is God and his glorious power revealed in the gospel of Jesus Christ that are the beginning, the means, and the goal of marriage. What infinite help and hope that can bring to any and every marriage!"
I don't know about you but I want all the help I can get to have a rich marriage. Here's the key. I believe, as husbands, it's our responsibility to be seeking the Lord to have "Love That Lasts".
If you purchase this book you will find 8 very helpful chapters with questions for discussion, evaluation and application at the end of the book. Following are the chapters you can be prepared to read about... Let me tell you - Chapter 2 alone is worth the $9.00 USD ... It is gold...
* The Journey of a Lifetime (Where it all begins)
* Leading with Love (The Role of the husband)
* Walking in Wisdom (The Role of the wife)
* Relational Intimacy (The Goal of our communication)
* Grace to Those Who Hear (The content of our communication)
* The Heart of Conflict (Restoring communication)
* It Never Has to Get Old (The soul of romance)
* Just The Two Of You (The wonder of sexual intimacy)
Anyway guys - we all want great marriages, great sex, Godly children etc... This is a helpful read to help you Parent with an eternal perspective - I promise you...

No comments: