Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Honoring Mom & Dad Chavez

Let me introduce you to Mr & Mrs Chavez Sr. I call them dad and mom. They have been childhood sweethearts from high school. Today, by the grace of God, they are still together. I say by the grace of God because it is rare to hear of couples staying together. Through good and bad, till death do they part!

I post today, to honor them for the way that they continue to grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory! For now and forever, AMEN!

I think it is encouraging when you see/hear (we live in different countries) how what Christ has done for them, inspires them to continue on serving and giving of themselves.

A wonderful heirloom that my parents, and my wife's parents have given to our children is their example to follow Jesus Christ. Our children have grandparents who have surrendered their lives to Jesus. What a wonderful gift to have as parents and as grandchildren to know your parents/ grandparents are committed to praying for you!

Bless you mom and dad! Thank you for the example to follow Christ, even in the difficult times!

ONLY because of the cross...
PJC

No comments: