Friday, May 9, 2008

Psalms 23 - In Aussie Lingo...











God is the Station Owner,
And I am just one of the sheep.
He musters me down to the lucerne flats,
And feeds me there all week.

When I am feeling poorly,
And at something less than my peek,

He leads me to the restfulness,
Of a coolabah shaded creek.

He teaches me not to break away,
Not to be a loner;
He teaches me to stick with His mob,
And acknowledge Him as my Owner.








Even when the droughts are bad,
And I cross the Desert of Death,
God is close beside me,
So close I can feel His Breath.

God is the one who holds the map,
That gives me my direction,
And God is the one who guarantees,
Provision for my protection.








Although there are dingos in the hills,
And the paddocks are full of snakes,
God serves up a barbecue,
Of beautiful T-bone steaks!


His patience and compassion,
And forgiveness fail me never;
And I'll live with Him in the Homestead,
Beyond the end of forever,


Poem: by Kel Richards
The Aussie Bible
(Well bits of it, anyway!)

No comments: