Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Bride is on a Personal Retreat...

After 13 years of marriage, my wife has gone on her first personal retreat. Boy does she need more of these! It's really a pretty sad reflection of my care for my wife, boys. Something I confess here, so you hopefully will not make the same choice I did and regret it - like I am...

So, 7 kids in bed. All washed, fed & sleeping. But now the house is silent, but for the dish washer whirling and my thoughts of what a legend my bride is.

Here is what I have learnt about my wife today while she has been away.

1) the laundry is a big job... washing, drying, folding, ironing, putting away. That's if there are no stains to be removed, soaked, sown or repaired.

2) the kitchen is never closed... breakfast, lunch, dinner, morning tea, afternoon tea & dessert. That's if there are no other requests for: extras & bottles to be washed and sterilised. Food to be prepped, pots and pans to be washed up and stove to be cleaned. Menu's to be prepared as well as shopping list to be made & most importantly, sticking to a budget at that.

3) there is ALWAYS someone to spend time with... any one of the 7 children, a phone call, an email, skype request, facebook request, relatives, friends & of course when my wife's husband comes home... he wants time too and most importantly, time with the Savior of the world. That's not to mention anyone who comes to the door for a surprise visit.


4) there is always something to tidy up or clean... dusting, vacuuming, cleaning the toilets, the bedrooms, the lounge room, the windows, mopping the floor, polishing the mirrors, the silver, removing cob webs around the place & just general tidying the place. That's if no one has spilt something or wee'd on the floor or spewed after you cleaned it up in the first place...


5) there is always someone to hold & hug... the kids, each other, a neighbor in need, a friend who pops around for fellowship, a friend on the phone or over the email... that's if we can stop what we are doing in order to hold and hug someone...

I have so much respect and appreciation for you, my love. Thank you for all you do. Let me know when you want your next retreat... I owe you many!!!

I am so grateful to my Savior that He has revealed this to me. Guys - book your wife a personal retreat - SOON!!!

No comments: