Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Power of a Woman



Proverbs 31:10-31 provides us with a remarkable picture of the power of a woman, for good/positive and for ill/negative.

The good/positive wife is responsible, capable, hardworking and completely trusted. Who can find such a one? Her worth (to her husband) is beyond price (vs 10). Not only her husband, family and household depend on her provision and foresight for their physical needs; they owe her their well-being at a much deeper level (11, 12, 26). Her influence extends beyond this immediate circle to society at large (20). And she finds ample scope for all her gifts in the wider sphere of buying and selling and business transactions (16, 18, 24). Where does her secret lie? In the fear of the Lord in which all true wisdom has its roots.

Today I am reminded of this - because it is a another Sunday when my wife silently serves us as a family, while I run around getting ready to minister to God's people.

My love, I applaud you for the grace on your life to love the Lord Jesus so much, that you tend to the needs of us as a family for His glory.

You are a wonderful companion! I love you, my love! Your worth is more then I could describe - but thank you! It is a great honor to be the father to your children & your life companion!

Glory to God!

No comments: