Monday, September 22, 2008

Prayer

As a husband and a father do you model prayer? Are you found praying by your wife or children? I am grateful for my wife who will initiate praying with me and our children. I am thankful too for her expression and confession that she likes it when I lead her and the children in prayer.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I find that prayer is something that get's talked about more than it actually get's done. We (I) get too busy or distracted to fulfill the commitment we (I) made to pray for that brother or sister who requested prayer!

Recently, I have come across some verses in Scripture that have encouraged me to prayer. I trust you too will be encouraged to be a man who prays & leads & models for his family, how and why we pray.

Isaiah 65:24
"Before they call I will answer, while they are speaking I will hear," says the Lord.

Matthew 7:7-8
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks received; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

1 John 3:21-22
Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him.

1 Thessoalonians 5:17
Pray continually!

Psalms 145:18
The Lord is near to all who call on him to all who call on him in truth.

Psalms 55:16-17
I call to God, and the Lord saves me. Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress and he hears my voice.

Matthew 6:6
When you pray, go to your room , close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Colossians 4:2
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

Jeremiah 29:12-14
"You will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord.

Men, lets be husbands and fathers who our praying to our Father in Heaven!

No comments: