Monday, March 23, 2009

Art Exursion

Today I was at the Sydney Art Museum. I need to make a confession. I was not that impressed! Some of the paintings seemed ridiculous. Please understand, I am no artist! However I did think, that my 2 year old could have come up with a better entry then some that were there. That's art though, hey?

Something happened while I was there that just surprised me. A teacher was walking around with her student's, and the passion and the emotion that exuded from her over these paintings was foreign to me. How could someone be brought to tears by paint? I just did not get it?

As I was riding home from the gallery, a thought hit me.

Some people don't "get" why I am moved to tears by the cross. That cross that represents blood, wrath, pain, indescribable pain, tears & more blood - but also freedom, forgiveness, love, mercy, kindness, grace - oh such grace and LOVE!

Galatians 6:14 has been doing circles in my memory today - "but far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ...

I am not saying that you can't have passion for art, sport, family, food, coffee, shopping, golf, cars, friends etc... I am saying, may they not proceed the passion for the cross...

Oh may you and I boast and be moved by the cross - it will truly effect my/our parenting with an eternal perspective...

No comments: