Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Senior Saint Home with the Lord

Death is a reality! A reality we all will face. Whether death comes unexpectedly or expectedly it still is real! Oh so very real.

Yesterday a celebration service was held for a senior saint from our previous church. This senior saint was first of all a believer! Some of the fruit of this loved one was that they were generous, hospitable, caring, thoughtful and prayerful!

Let me walk you through what took place. It is confronting!

They left home last Sunday to travel to church. Like most Sunday's this senior saint would make their way into the "cry room", at the church, to fold the bulletins. After that job was done, they would go and encourage the other believers present. Like any other Sunday, they were going about their duty when pain came upon them.

A brain hemorrhage!

They were taken to hospital, the family contacted, the senior saint was operated on, and then put on life support. The family then made the hard decision of shutting off the life support machine. This senior saint was then absent from their body & present with the Lord. Just like that!

This got me thinking...

Imagine leaving home, like any other day, either to work or to church and the Lord called you home. What state would your house be in? How would your family find things? I began to question myself. Have I considered what it would be like for my wife or children to come behind in a difficult time and sort things out? It gave me something to think about & perhaps you may want to too?!

You know, I spoke to this senior saint a few days before the Lord took them home! Oh, we as a family are going to miss them. I don't think their children will have any problem's coming behind them. In fact, I think what they will find, is a faithful parent! A faithful parent who loved and cherished their Savior as well as their family!

May those who come behind you find you faithful!

No comments: