Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Prayer

Today I want to share some thoughts with you from my hero: CH Spurgeon.

He writes, "Prayer is instantly noticed in heaven." How incredible to consider that. Think with me for a moment, how many times do our childen come to us and call our name, but we are doing something different and we don't quite give the child our full attention? And yet, when we pray there is an instant notice from God to us, His children!

Spurgeon goes on to state that, "Our God not only hears our prayers but also loves to hear it." Doesn't that just make you want to pray now? God not only hears our prayers but He loves to hear our prayers! That is so amazing...

As I have thought about this today, and today has been challenging for me, I think of how often I don't pray but just think about things instead of talking to God and asking for wisdom, or love or insight...

I am reminded today :
"Faith asks no signal from skies,
To show that prayers accepted rise,
Our Priest is in His holy place,
And answers from the throne of grace."

No comments: