Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Encouraging your kids in... ART(?)

Hey Dads - I am not always good at showing admiration of my kids efforts. Not a great admission! However, I am learning and growing in this area, which I am grateful to God for His patience and kindness in helping me.

For some reason I find it easier to be really excited and encouraging when the kids are younger, but as the kids get older my praise turns from words of affirmation to grunts or nods... My kids should be given more than that, I reckon!
This picture (above) was done by my oldest daughter who is very artsy...


Following are a few pictures my kids have been doing on the computer.

This football picture is done by my oldest son, Caleb - who loves AFL (Australian Football League). His teams colours are black and white!

To be frank - I think these pictures rock! I would not have been able to make these master pieces...

This one of the family was done by Bella. She is 5!

This one was done by my son Noah, who is 7. He likes dinosaurs. "Dad, it's a T-Rex"! Pretty good huh???

It's amazing how we can bless our children and encourage them, even in art. May I do this more, may I do this better, may I do this often and may I do this well!

No comments: