Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Feeding the Lambs

The best in the church are none too good for this work. This service is not for others. Dad's it's for you too. 'Feed My lambs'. That commission is given to the ministers, and to all who have any knowledge of the things of God. See to it that you are looking after children that are in Christ Jesus.

When you walk into your church on Sunday, stop and say g'day to a child. Look for evidences of grace, (eg. ways of encouraging them).

Sure, I know - 'what do you have to offer them?' 'They think your just a dad anyway'... or 'you have nothing in common'... May I suggest, you are looking to your own comfortability and not at an opportunity to 'feed the lambs"!

I observe myself that children don't seem to be comfortable. Or they are insecure in talking with adult's. Nevertheless stop, and ask them a question about themselves. I tell you what - they will be so encouraged. They might roll their eyes, or say, "i dunnaknow" or "whatever". But I bet they will never forget that you made the effort to speak to them.

Another thing that you can do is, let the child's parents know your observations. For example, my son was with a great mate of mine. They went on an errand and my son and another boy were telling my mate what they wanted to be when they grew up. If they thought about kids and marriage etc... My mate encouraged me with my son's response.

Pastor's, deacon's, elders, leader's & father's don't leave the work to the ladies, modeling for our future pastor's, teacher's missionaries, parliamentarians and father's.

STOP and feed the lambs...

No comments: