Monday, June 23, 2008

Meg's Miscellaneous Monday Mentions

Doing a quick trip around the blogosphere this week has led me to many and varied interesting, challenging, convicting and thought provoking posts by several authors. What has stood out most to me this week have been the awful amount of stories about newborn or young babies dying.
I have read way too many heart breaking stories this week of parents suffering the loss of their babies. It has led me to weep for people I will most likely never meet this side of eternity. It has also led me to give thanks to the Lord who has so graciously spared our family from such tragedy. Above all, it has caused me to praise God for His amazing grace upon these families lives who have surely brought much glory to their Lord and Saviour by the way in which they have responded to such pain and suffering.

The amazing thing is that each one of these parents, or grandparents, writing about their loss, have openly bared their rawest of wounds as they grieve the loss of their precious children, and yet they have more so declared the goodness of their Almighty Heavenly Father. Amidst their tears and sorrow and agony, they have still lifted up praise to their King, even as He has ushered their babies into His magnificent presence. I have been amazed at such faith and have been forced to wonder whether I would give such an amazing testimony if I were in their shoes. I greatly fear that I would not.

Here are just 3 of the families I have read about recently. I pray that the following posts will move you to pray for these dear brothers and sisters in Christ. I pray that it may cause you to hold your kids, grand kids, nephews or nieces a little longer, a little closer and be thankful that they are still within reach of precious hugs and kisses. I also pray that you would be able to testify to the goodness of Jesus in their lives and yours, for He is truly good in all things.

*John Piper on the death of his granddaughter and the speech he gave at her funeral.


* The Story of Audrey Caroline is heart-wrenching blog about the love and loss of one family's precious baby girl.

No comments: