Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Poem: True Love


I am not a poet man... Poetry is not my thing, and yet, this poem has caught my eye. I am deeply moved by the insight and wisdom of this young lady.

As you rush over this poem as I did the first time... I trust as a man, you will remember, others are watching and observing your life.

You may be leaving a lasting impression on someone, observing the way you care for your wife or care for your children...


True Love

I saw true love today,
Not on a movie screen -
No passion clogging reason,
No clinging to be seen.

I saw true love today
Walk through a waiting room
Where I was sitting by myself,
Disguise I did assume...

An older man, an ugly man,
Tall figure, worn and bent;
No dashing prince with golden crown
To beauty's side was sent.

A woman who was fat and grey,
No fairy princess she,
Moved by the side of that old man -
She wasn't much to see.

And yet, they caught my notice,
The quaint and ancient pair,
They took my full attention
Though they were unaware.

For as they lingered by the door
He held her coat for her
And then he went and fetched the car-
The ice made her foot unsure.

And when he brought the car around
For her, the door he gained
And placed a step before it
That her body not be strained.

They drove away that morning
And though they could not know
They left me with a picture
Of how true love should go.

I saw that day no handsome prince;
No princesses were seen,
But in the realm of Truest Love
I saw a King and Queen!

by: Mary Beth Hackett
Faribault, Minnesota, USA

No comments: