Friday, July 11, 2008

My Salvation

If you are visiting this sight regularly, you might be thinking, is this guy serious? Why so much about the Gospel? The reason why is because, this is my hope! This is what saves mankind. This is what causes me to get up in the morning. This is why I am alive. I won't grow tired of hearing and reminding myself, what Jesus has done for me!

Read this: This is by Milton Vincent, it's called: "My Salvation"

"Now when my time came and I placed my faith in Jesus, God instantly granted me a great salvation. He forgave me of all my sins, past, present and future. He gave me the gift of the Holy Spirit, who gives me God's power, who pours out God's love within my heart, and who tenderly communicates to my spirit that I am a child of God and an heir of eternal glory in heaven.
In saving me, God freed me from slavery to any and all sins. I no longer have to sin again, for sin's mastery over me has been broken! In saving me, God also justified me, and being justified through Christ, I have a peace with God that will endure forever. In justifying me, God declared me innocent of my sins ans pronounced me righteous with the very righteousness of Jesus. God has also allowed His future and present wrath against me to be completely propitiated by Jesus, who bore it upon Himself while on the cross. Consequently, God now has only love, compassion, and deepest affection for me, and this love is without any admixture of wrath whatsoever. God always looks upon me and treats me with gracious favor, always working all things together for my ultimate and eternal good. God's grace abounds to me even through trials. Because I am a justified one, He subjugates every trail and forces it to do good unto me. When I sin, God's grace abounds to me all the more as He graciously maintains my justified status as described above. When I sin, God feels no wrath in His heart against me. His heart is filled with nothing but love for me, and He longs for me to repent and confess my sins to Him, so that He might show me the gracious and forgiving love that has been in His heart all along.
God does not require my confession before He desires to forgive me. In His heart He already has forgiven me; and when I come to Him to confess my sins to Him, He runs to me (as it were) and is repeatedly embracing and kissing me even before I get the words of my confession out of my mouth! (Read Luke 15:20-24)
God does see my sins, and He is grieved by my sins. His grief comes partly from the fact that in my moments of sin, I am not receiving the fullness of His love for me. He even sends chastisement into my life (Hebrews 12:7-9); but He does so because He is for me, and He loves me; and He disciplines me for my ultimate good. I don't deserve any of this, even on my best day; but this is my salvation, and herein I stand. Thank you Jesus!"

Is this not worth, getting up and enjoying today?

And it is ONLY, because of the cross...

No comments: