Monday, July 7, 2008

Our Sin Against God

I was at a dinner the other night where a man boldly and proudly stated: "I don't see a need in my life for Jesus, so why should I give Him my life?" Many a man don't understand what their sin is against God. Let me borrow these words from Milton Vincent who explains very well what 'our sin against God' is...

"Yet I could not have failed this great God more miserably than I have. Instead of giving thanks to Him and humbly submitting to His rule over my life, I have rebelled against Him and have actually sought to exalt myself above Him. Going my own way and living according to my own wisdom, I have broken countless times either the letter of the spirit of every one of God's Ten Commandments. Thinking myself to be wise, I have shown myself to be a fool; and because of my arrogance, God has every right to damn me to the everlasting experience of His terrifying wrath in the Lake of Fire. So as for myself, apart from Christ I am bound by the guilt of my sins and also bound by the power of sin, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures. Apart from Christ, I am also utterly deserving of and destined for eternal punishment in the Lake of Fire, completely unable to save myself or even to make one iota of a contribution to my own salvation."

Here are some verses that support all that has been said by Milton Vincent.

Romans 1:21-25; Romans 3:23, Exodus 20:3-17; Colossians 3:5; Matthew 5:27-28; 1 John 3:15; Romans 6:23; Romans 21:8; Ephesians 2:3; Romans 3:19; James 2:10; Titus 3:3; Romans 5:6

Tomorrow, Lord willing, I will tell you of God's work on our behalf...

No comments: